Big Game Parks is Eswatini’s pioneer conservation and eco-tourism organisation, managing four parks in Eswatini, including Hlane Royal National Park, Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, Mkhaya Game Reserve and KaMsholo Bushveld Safaris. Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary is Eswatini’s Outdoor Lover’s Paradise, offering fantastic guided or self-guided outdoor activities and a range of accommodation.
KaMsholo Bushveld Safaris is the newest addition to the Big Game Parks stable, a small but beautiful park below the Lubombo Mountains with some of the best birding in the kingdom. Chubeka Trails operates horse trails on both Mlilwane and KaMsholo. Movement between the two parks will depend entirely on the work at hand.
What to expect:
- Fitness training & Hill work
- Groundwork of horses, possibly including obstacles and desensitization o Basic schooling horses – flatwork
- Assisting with additional training of horses and staff if required
- Basic horse first aid services
- Help with basic maintenance of stables, paddocks and trails
- Help as a backup guide on occasion
- Help Manager with Training Resource research (finding videos, images etc) for horsemen/guides theory lessons
- Assist where appropriate (depends largely on skill set) with horse conflict behaviours, aiming for lightness and responsiveness